- October 21, 2020
- 2:00 pm
- Online via Zoom
The ABA Children’s Immigration Law Academy (CILA) invites you to a webinar presentation providing a review of substantive and procedural changes in immigration law affecting unaccompanied children over the past year. The presentation will highlight both the ups and downs of the past months including ways to preserve the rights of unaccompanied children. Dalia Castillo-Granados, Chloe Walker, Vickie Giambra, Laura Egan, and Yasmin Yavar of CILA will guide participants through the changes that have occurred since the last Roundup Webinar in September of 2019. Topics covered will include:
- The Trump Administration’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on the immigration system, including at the border and on case processing.
- Litigation updates on the detention of unaccompanied children.
- Regulatory, procedural, and adjudicatory changes at EOIR and its effects for unaccompanied children.
- Regulatory and procedural changes to asylum as well as significant case law updates.
- Regulatory and policy changes to Special Immigrant Juvenile Status.
- Other changes affecting unaccompanied children and their families.
The presentation aims to provide guidance, including ethical considerations to attorneys on how to litigate in a constantly changing environment, as well as point them to resources to guide them along the way.
This training is pending approval by the State Bar of Texas for 1.5 participatory hour of CLE credit including .25 hours of ethics credit.